Hiring Now Training Manager
Lockhart, Texas, US
Category: Management Occupations
Published on 2021-11-18T17:26:12.000000Z
Begin a meaningful career in corrections with the Gregory S. Coleman Unit (previously named Lockhart Correctional Center) located in Lockhart, Texas. At Coleman, our foundation is based upon the philosophies of caring about others, giving back and making a social impact. We provide a safe and secure working environment for our staff while helping an at-risk population receive the tools necessary for success on their road back to a healthy, productive life. In addition to competitive wages and an opportunity to impact lives, MTC team members enjoy a variety of benefits including:
- Medical, vision, and prescription drug benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Bereavement leave
- Civic duty and military leave
- Travel insurance
- Education assistance
Reports to the designated warden. Responsible for coordinating correctional officer certification training and non-security pre-service training; implementing the annual in-service training plan for the facility in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
- Plan, develop and conduct officer training certification programs in compliance with MTC and TDCJ directives.
- Responsible for the maintenance and documentation of all certificates including preservice and in-service training records.
- Create systems to effectively manage the process at both facilities.
- Travel between the assigned facilities is required.
- Establish periodic and annual review of certification accreditation and pre-service training programs.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct appropriate training for all non-uniformed employees as required by MTC and TDCJ directives.
- Ensure that all clerical and support staff attend Correctional Awareness Training in compliance with MTC and TDCJ requirements.
- Ensure that all appropriate personnel are scheduled and complete staff survivor training according to contractual requirements.
- Ensure all staff received supplemental and specialized training for high level performance and effective programs and services to offenders.
- Ensure professional educational staff complete training dedicated to the improvement of educational services.
- Ensure staff identified as instructors for munitions and defensive tactics, to include specialized tactics, receive initial certification and annual recertification.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety procedures.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or GED.
- Two (2) years full-time, wage-earning instructing, staff development, training, teaching, correctional custody or law enforcement experience to include one (1) year in the supervision of employees. Each year of experience may be substituted for thirty semester hours from an accredited college or university on a year-for-year basis.
- Successful completion of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice Pre-Service Training Academy prior to assumption of duties.
- Successful completion of an Instructor Training Program within six months of assignment.
- Curriculum development or evaluation experience preferred.
- A valid driver license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.