Financial Advisor (Tri-State Remote)
New York, New York, US
Company: SquarePeg Hires
Category: Business and Financial Operations Occupations
Published on 2021-11-12T11:33:23.000000Z
In a world where most investment managers look alike, our client's Private Wealth Management firm has evolved into an organization like no other. They have the resources of the largest global firms, but the service culture of a boutique. This firm ranks among the leading investment management firms in the world with over $600 billion in assets under management. And, while many firms can point to a comparable worldwide footprint, few can lay claim to 50 years of serving private clients. Their resources are vast, but the relationships are personal, and they aspire to make every client feel like they are our only client.
The firm's clients are located around the globe and they reported $99 billion in assets under management in 2020.
The Financial Advisor (“Advisor” or “FA”) is a critical member of our client's team. The principal role of the advisor is to develop new clients by cultivating their personal and professional networks and leveraging relationships with centers of influence. Advisors are also responsible for maintaining close, ongoing relationships with their existing clients.
Advisors work closely with clients who have the benefit of substantial assets, but the burden of significant complexity. Advisors, partnering with the firm’s planning and investment professionals, begin with a discovery process that delves into client’s values, legacy, and philanthropic goals. The answers, which often differ across generations, allow the advisor to work with clients on implementing investment strategies tied to these objectives and help clients cultivate the next generation as stewards of family wealth.
The Ideal Candidate
What makes Our Client's advisors unique? Their backgrounds are as varied as our clients. Our most successful advisors have largely oriented their practice around their passions such as working with entrepreneurs and business owners, nonprofit organizations, professional athletes, global families, artists, and collectors. While our advisors have diverse backgrounds and perspectives, we have found the most effective financial advisors embody the following characteristics:
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Intellectual Curiosity
- High Emotional Quotient (“EQ”)
- Drive for Success
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Spirit of Generosity in Working with and Within Their Community
- Structure and Discipline
…and the following qualifications:
- An existing network that can be continuously cultivated and expanded within the community
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with centers of influence such as attorneys, accountants, and business advisors
- Experience advising clients and being regarded as a trusted advisor, not only with financial decisions but for meaningful life and business decisions
- Comfortable interacting with individuals of significant wealth
- Trustworthiness and personal integrity that is beyond reproach
- Strong academic credentials
- A minimum of seven years of relevant work experience in finance, sales, entrepreneurship or private wealth management