Architects, designs and provides governance of large-scale Data Integration solutions that deliver business value across the organization.
The Enterprise Data – Data Integration Engineer job family pertains to overall technology support for multiple applications, systems, network, and/or telecommunications activities. Includes any combination of programming, analysis, networking, data processing, database design and administration, end user support, and data security. Covers a broad range of technology functions (information technology generalist), rather than focusing on one specific area. The Data Integration Engineer will focus on the following:
• Key responsibilities include data profiling, source system data analysis, business and data requirements definition, transformation rules definition and overall data integration.
• Works closely with application source matter experts/business partners to determine appropriate data sources and to define integration, transformation and cleansing rules
• Design, develop, and maintain relational databases for data storage and data mining.
• Participates in all phases of DW/BI solution delivery including data requirements gathering, model design and review, metadata, source to target mappings and extraction, testing, transformation and load (ETL/ELT) design.
• Create and support the data integration process to extract the data from source systems and transition to the appropriate informational data store.
• Conducts full lifecycle activities including requirements analysis and design, develop analysis and reporting capabilities, and continuously monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
• Work closely with data analysts, data scientists, and other data consumers to optimize reports by defining business requirements and determining the optimal solution to meet the requirements.
• Develop processes and procedures for entering information into the appropriate data store and for ensuring its reliability.
• Seek continuous improvement in performance of data integration solutions and ensure security of data.
Job Duties and Responsibilities Lead the implementation, execution, and maintenance of Data Integration technology solutions Lead work to advance and support information management practices within business processes, applications and technology that underpin the EIM discipline (e.g. establishing data quality processes, performing data analysis, participating in technology implementation planning and verification to ensure successful installation of software and/or projects, implementing data integration processes, administering content, etc.). Provide leadership for Data Integration tasks supporting projects Lead the Management and proactive improvement of Thrivent's data by analyzing the current systems environment, leveraging proven practices, applications, technology, tools and platforms to support and enhance the information landscape. Revenue generated Budget responsibilities Leads the delivery, support and maintenance of solutions with one or more business and technology areas. Organizational impact results from mid-large sized projects
Required Job Qualifications
Required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in MIS, Computer Science, Mathematics, Business or related field 5+ years of experience in Technology related field including prior lead experience Advanced in-depth knowledge of data integration concepts and tools Strong organizational, analytical, critical thinking and leadership skills Demonstrated leadership on mid-large-scale project impacting strategic partners
Preferred: Advanced degree or equivalent in MIS, Computer Science or related field Leadership experience Understanding of Thrivent’s Technology capabilities
Other Critical Factors
Skills: Learning Agility System and Technology Integration Technology Standards, Procedures, Policies Governance Influence Conceptual Thinking