Are you looking for career in the semi-conductor industry? Do you have excellent Mechanical and Electrical troubleshooting experience? Atlas Staffing is seeking a Field Service Technician for a manufacturing company in Boise, Idaho.
Work with production manager building, high-purity Teflon plumbing, electrical and controls wiring, troubleshooting, plastic fabrication and welding, mechanical maintenance, repair and commissioning of the systems. Detailed understanding of the overall chemical distribution system design and operation, all the way up to and including the process equipment served, and be able to quickly determine root cause of problem and safely and quickly repair to restore normal operations.
• Installation and fabrication of Teflon, PVC, SS Plumbing assemblies installed in the chemical distribution and blending systems. Wiring system controls, system testing and troubleshooting.
• Troubleshoot chemical distribution system plumbing, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical components, and DC and AC electrical power, control, instrumentation and communications circuits.
• Document changes to Bulk Delivery System as Red Lines on area documentation.
• Identify problem issues and develop solutions to improve the chemical distribution systems.
• Pump repair, filter replacement, sensor re-calibration, corrosion control, chemical cleanup.
• Develop procedures and preventative maintenance routines. Identify areas for improvement and work with Management to initiate and follow through on improvement plans.
• System commissioning and site service world.
• Communicate daily new /ongoing operation, maintenance issues to Chemical Services Manager.
• Work with the other management to keep procedures, training, and expectations in sync, and work with safety, engineering, and operation staff, suppliers and production groups to provide a safe operating environment.
• Develop plans and allocate resources to address and resolve performance problems.
• Provide guidance regarding hardware modifications, participate in troubleshooting baseline reliability issues, and continually work to improve system uptime and defect problems.
• Recognize long term down situations and provide resources to minimize the amount of time that the equipment is down.
• Chemical knowledge, physical properties, potential hazards, compatibility with other chemicals and materials, routine PPE requirements, spill cleanup.
• Knowledge of working safely with hazardous chemicals and automated distribution systems.
• Excellent Mechanical knowledge - use of hand and power tools, maintenance on pumps and mechanical systems, distribution system installation and construction.
• Excellent Electrical knowledge - DC and AC electrical circuits, wiring and troubleshooting power, control, instrumentation and communications circuits.
• PLC Knowledge - wiring, operation, troubleshooting, digital and analog I/O, programming and network communications.
• Instrumentation operation and calibration knowledge - level, pressure, temperature, flow, weight, specific gravity, pH, conductivity, refractive index, proximity and other transmitters and sensors.
• Production equipment knowledge - communications and plumbing interface between our chemical distribution systems and production equipment, and the equipment’s chemical fill requirements.
• Knowledge of high purity chemical piping and secondary containment plumbing techniques.
• Plastic fabrication knowledge and welding techniques - Polypro, PVC, PVDF and PFA Teflon.
• Pumps knowledge - operation, maintenance and repair of electric centrifugal and pneumatic diaphragm.
• Hydraulics knowledge - fluid flow, pressure losses, viscosity, specific gravity.
• Pneumatics knowledge - solenoid valves and air operated valve actuation.
• Excellent knowledge of Energy Isolation Procedures.
• PC skills- Word, Excel, intranet, network file management.
• Ability to communicate with blue prints, wiring diagrams, written procedures and technical manuals.
• Assist with area training and development.
• Excellent Customer Service.
• Excellent Multi-tasking skills
• Ability to Complete Technical Projects without supervision
• Excellent Communication and Customer Relation skills
• Ability to travel, start up and service company equipment.
Shift: Monday-Friday Day Shift
Why Choose Atlas Staffing?
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that serves Boise and its surrounding areas. We offer many great benefits for our temporary and temp-to-hire Staffing Associates! Beyond the paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions qualify for, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. (Not to mention our Titan Rewards program!) If you are looking for along-term career opportunity, then please apply now!
“Excellent service. Answered all my questions and took the time to get to know me for better job placement." – Norma Y.
Atlas Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.