JOB TITLE: Energy Consulting Associate
DEPARTMENT: Client Services
LOCATION: Boston, Houston, or San Francisco (hybrid work arrangements are available)
SUMMARY: Deliver innovative thinking supported by detailed analytics, data science, market research, subject matter expertise and use of our software tools to help our energy clients make effective supply chain and capital project execution decisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Coordinate with client supply chain management, PMOs, project executives and engineering teams as they design and implement supply chain and capital project procurement solutions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (Serving our Clients)
- Execute market research to assess supply and demand factors influencing our clients’ strategic business decisions
- Provide deep analysis of quantitative and qualitative data and synthesize results into meaningful conclusions to help our clients make strategic procurement and capital project decisions
- Support the bidding processes for large capital project contracts and supply chain strategic initiatives, including: performing pricing analysis, coordinating bidder correspondence, designing and orchestrating bidder negotiations and implementing contracting efforts
- Use the PowerAdvocate Energy Intelligence Platform software tools to analyze spend, build custom cost models, forecast escalation, manage eSourcing bid events and support many of our other consulting solutions. This often requires training our clients to harness the value of the PowerAdvocate software tools that they license in addition to using the tools to empower your own work.
- Some travel to client sites primarily in the U.S. and Canada is required (e.g., a typical work week requires Monday -Thursday travel)
- Managers are asked to both provide support to PowerAdvocate senior team members and act independently as required. Associates are expected to take increasing responsibility managing their work and client teams as they gain experience and progress towards promotion to Manager
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in internal Practice Areas designed to grow and organize our knowledge base, educate others and improve our solutions for specific energy sectors
- Assist with PowerAdvocate technology improvements and sales and marketing efforts
- Other duties assigned to meet business needs
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- 0-3 years of experience with Owners in or suppliers serving the energy industry, particularly in a Business Operations or Engineering function within the Power, Oil & Gas and Petrochemical sectors
- BS/BA with a focus in engineering, science or business; graduate level engineering, science or MBA degree is preferred
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and time management skills; project management experience preferred
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills appropriate for a large spectrum of clientele
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt based on the needs of clients and PowerAdvocate
- This position does not provide visa sponsorship