Do you have a high attention to detail? Are you an excellent communicator, and good with numbers? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment? Atlas Staffing is hiring a Buyer to work with one of our reputable clients in the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry! This is a full-time position with on-the-job training as well as opportunity for advancement.
Objective: In this position you will be responsible for coordinating production activities by planning and purchasing raw materials, supplies, and equipment. You will be negotiating deals with various suppliers, and making critical decisions to maintain adequate inventory for each department.
- Taking inventory of supplies and raw materials
- Coordinating with various departments to prevent inventory shortages
- Researching various suppliers for cost analysis and quality
- Negotiating prices and quantities with suppliers
- Using Microsoft Excel to track purchases and inventory
- Participate in special projects or cross functional teams as needed
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- 1 – 3 years purchasing experience required
- Operations and Supply Chain Management Degree preferred but not required
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel required
- SAP experience desired
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to say no if the deal is not right