Associate Health RN
Apply Now Requisition R094175 Market Richmond, Virginia Department SS Human Resources - Strategy & Well-Being Shift Days/Afternoons Schedule Full-time
Thank you for considering a career at Bon Secours Mercy Health!
8K SIGN ON BONUS
The Associate Health RN provides services for assigned Bon Secours Mercy Health associates according to Bon Secours Mercy Health policies and procedures, professional standards, federal regulations and CDC recommendations. Services include but are not limited to pre-employment follow-up, employee immunization program, respiratory protection program, accommodation and transitional work program, communicable disease screening and exposure management. The Associate Health RN works closely in collaboration and referral with Human Resources partners for fitness for duty, substance use, and leave of absence, the Worker's Compensation program for employee injury management, and Health and Wellness for program referral and coordination.
Perform appropriate follow-up on any exposure to assure regulatory compliance and proper treatment of affected employees with exposures to blood borne pathogen exposures and communicable disease exposures. Non-exempt staff provide coverage for associate health duties as needed, which may require work greater than 24 hours, per operational need. Must have reliable transportation and be able to float between Southside Regional Medical Center and Southern Virginia Hospital as primary locations and other Richmond BSMH sites, as needed.
- Participates in direct service delivery, including but not limited to immunizations, TB screening, color discrimination testing, respirator fit testing, communicable and blood borne exposure management.
- Organizes testing and immunization programs to include Hepatitis B, influenza and respirator fit testing. May be required to transport closed sharps containers when traveling for immunization clinics.
- Provides pre-service volunteer TB screening and volunteer influenza immunizations.
- Collaborates with: Associate Health Medical Director, Infection Prevention to prevent the spread of communicable disease between patients and staff, ergonomic staff for referrals and program interventions, well-being team for referrals and consultations.
- Coordinates transitional return to work program and ADA process.
- Collaborates with third party administrator for coordination of care for employees with work related injuries and successful return to work and for OSHA log management. Reviews employee injury event reports and coordinates follow-up with managers where safety or work practice needs exist.
- Collaborates with managers and Absence Management Specialists for needs related to leave of absence to include FMLA, MLOA, PLOA and ADA leave as accommodation.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS (must be non-expired/active unless otherwise stated):
Required: BSN, Registered Nurse currently licensed by the State of Virginia
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:Competent in computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of patient care practices and adult learning principles. Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Knowledge of immunization practices for adults. Must be familiar with applicable OSHA, state health department, CDC, Joint Commission, ADA, and FMLA regulations and recommendations as applicable to Associate Health.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:Ability to work in fast paced environment and prioritize job duties. Ability to work independently.
Bon Secours MercyHealthis an equal opportunity employer.
Well also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Scheduled Weekly Hours: