Join an inclusive team passionate about one thing: using their expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. We are looking for strong candidates who want to help design, maintain and expand our library of automation tools and frameworks. You will be responsible for shaping the direction and quality of our unique business applications and the frameworks utilized to test them. The Developer in Test designs, develops, and maintains complex automation and custom test frameworks. They participate in the design and development of systems with an eye for assuring quality and testability. They fully understand and support the role of the Quality Assurance Engineer by providing automation test strategies and tools for our technologies and systems. They also perform quality assurance tasks such as test planning, test case generation and feature testing.
- Get in on the ground floor: in this role, you'll have a broad scope with an opportunity to take on new responsibilities and grow as an engineer. You will help drive the testing strategy for your team, and to set high standards across our teams.
- Innovate: As an organization, we run an “Innovation Sprint” at the start of every quarter where engineers can work on their own feature ideas or try out new technologies. You can demo your work in front of the rest of the team and pair up with people from other teams.
- Learn new things: We provide a training budget to help expand your understanding of Java programming. We promote and support an environment of self-learning.
- Raise the bar: We are always looking for ways to improve ourselves, our tech stack, and our product’s features. Bring your ideas and experiences to the table and help make a lasting impact.
- Collaborate: Work closely with Scrum Masters, other engineers, analysts, and stakeholders to continuously iterate on our products and drive consensus.
- Work at scale: You will have the ability to magnify your work by automating tests and ensuring quality of our solutions at all levels of the "test pyramid".
- Show impact: You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on outcomes for our customers to ensure that they maintain the best experience when using our platform.
- Have fun while doing it all! We are a close-knit team and value our experiences working with each other and learning from each other!
- 1+ years of experience or familiarity working with object oriented languages
- 1+ years of experience in a technical quality assurance role
- Experience working with databases and web application frameworks
- Experience with reading/writing code (Java)
- Experience working with test automation frameworks
- Customer service-oriented attitude and top-notch time management
- Proficiency with Agile methodologies, test automation, and testing best practices
- Familiarity with Java application development and Windows/Linux systems
- BS in Computer Science or comparable work experience
- Proficiency with troubleshooting and communicating technical issues
- Proficiency in driving technical and process improvements
- Proficiency with automation tools and writing automation tests
- Familiarity with SQL and Behavior Driven Development/Test Driven Development experience
- Experience with GIT or other versioning tool, Cucumber, IntelliJ, Kafka, Docker, Selenium/Webdriver
Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not transfer or sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (such as an H-1B visa) for this opportunity.
Position is full time (40 hours per week) Monday through Friday. We are a business professional attire company.
Expeditors offers excellent benefits:
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program