7104 - Norcross - 1975 Beaver Ruin Rd, Norcross, Georgia, 30071
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Tune up your skills in vehicle repair and build a great career
If you want to learn how to repair and recondition vehicles to the highest standards, CarMax is the place to be. You will use your skills to get vehicles ready for our customers, ensuring they are safe and reliable. The Automotive Apprentice will learn to repair engines, adjust steering and suspension, fix heating and air conditioning and more. In return, you will also enjoy a generous range of company benefits including paid vacation, medical and retirement plans, and vehicle purchase discounts.
What you will do - Essential responsibilities
- Build confidence, experience and skills as an automotive mechanic across a wide range of domestic and foreign vehicles
- Work as part of a team to solve technical problems quickly and effectively
- Follow and promote our high standards of safety, cleanliness and organization
Learn from a team that cares about customers and their cars
CarMax Apprentice Techs work in a fast-paced environment where motivation is key. Working together with other technicians you will solve problems, meet deadlines, and deliver great results. CarMax wants you to produce your best work, so we support our associates by providing the equipment you need to get the job done and the feedback that helps you get better every day. The work environment is clean, modern, and climate-controlled, where you can work comfortably all year. We're ready to invest in you so you can build a future with CarMax.
Qualifications and requirements
- Some knowledge and experience of repairing vehicles
- Manual dexterity and physical stamina, lift heavy objects, and walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills and attention to detail
- Possession of a valid driver's license