Leaders in recovery. Champions of hope.
If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of others and want to work for a mission driven company, Rosecrance Jackson may be for you!
Position Purpose: We are seeking a counselor to work with adolescents and their families in crisis. The counselor is an integral member of the interdisciplinary team in the delivery of behavioral health treatment services in our sub-acute adolescent program and assess client's needs, provides individual, group and family counseling and referral services.
Rosecrance is a private not-for-profit organization and nationally recognized leader in treating substance use and mental health disorders for children, adolescents, adults, and families. With nearly 60 locations in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Iowa, our physician-led team has developed an innovative, multidisciplinary, outcomes-informed approach.
Our comprehensive continuum of care includes intervention and assessments; residential care for teens and adults with on-site detox services; intensive outpatient care and continuing care; family support, education, and therapy; virtual outpatient services and family support programs; alumni programming and parent support groups; and prevention and early intervention education for students and communities.
Since 1916, our unmatched legacy as a proven behavioral healthcare leader is a source of hope and strength to those we serve and provides a roadmap for the best opportunity for lasting recovery. Rosecrance served nearly 50,000 clients last year.
Position Purpose: Participate as a team member in the delivery of behavioral health treatment services to clients and their families and facilitate individual and group therapy services with adolescent clients. Provide continuity of program services in an ethical, legal and moral manner within a safe and therapeutic environment, consistent with applicable regulatory and accreditation standards.
Schedule: Sunday- Thursday; 8:00AM-5:00PM
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements: Bachelor's Degree in Human Services plus 1-year experience in human services field or; Master’s Degree in psychology, counseling, social work or related field- preferred. CADC/tCADC certification required within 90 days of employment. Skilled in conducting individual, family and group counseling. Experience in substance abuse field. (Preferred). Deliver exceptional customer service consistently to every customer. Excellent written skills to accurately complete required documentation within the time frames prescribed. Excellent interpersonal skills. CPI & CPR certification within 90 days of employment.
1. Work hours prescribed by the Coordinator and any additional hours deemed necessary for the responsibilities assigned.
2. Undertake primary case management responsibilities for designated patients.
3. Conduct individual, group, and family counseling and educational sessions for patients and/or family members.
4. Ensure that client service records are maintained consistent with rules and regulations.
5. Maintain communications with all staff (e.g. admissions, therapeutic passes, and discharge plans).
6. Present workshops, lectures and training to clients, families, employees and community groups.
7. Be familiar with court proceedings and available to make court appearances on behalf of Rosecrance Jackson patients.
8. Serve as a member of the Clinical Team and participate in all team meetings and activities.
9. Exercise confidentiality in keeping with the Code of Conduct and with the framework of the law.
10. Deliver exceptional customer service consistently to every customer.
11. Serve as a role model for other staff, clients, and customers and demonstrate positive guest relations in representing Rosecrance Jackson Centers.
12. Assume other related responsibilities as delegated and assigned.
Rosecrance Jackson Centers is an equal opportunity employer.
EEO is the Law -http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf