Do you have a great attention to detail, mechanical knowledge, and great leadership skills? Atlas Staffing is seeking an Acetylene Plant Operator! As a Plant Operator you will be responsible for a safe start up and shut down of the plant, filling cylinders with compressed and liquefied gases safely, and following all established procedures and regulations.
- Responsible for operating and monitoring plant during operation. Recording required information on logs at required time intervals. Add carbide as necessary
- Responsible for responding to any alarms, assessing the problem and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Safely fill acetylene cylinders performing three leak checks on all cylinders, one at 100, 200 and 300 PSIG
- Follow established procedures for blowing acetylene cylinders down and getting them ready for requalification or maintenance
- Responsible for safely filling Hyrdrogen, Chemtane and Propane according to procedures
- After filling, weigh out cylinders and as required, note the volume of the cylinder. Verify labeling is correct and readable
- Perform all necessary scheduled maintenance on plant
Shift: Monday - Friday, 5:00am- 2:00pm
- Ability to accurately enter data into computer and acquire a working knowledge of any software applications applicable to the position
- Perform basic mathematics calculations
- Read reports, computer screens, etc
- Perform task requiring manual dexterity (i.e. processing paperwork, filing, stapling, sorting, etc.)
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Attention to detail required, must keep neat and accurate records
- Good problem solving skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Fork lift, Pallet jack, Hand Cart, Vacuum pumps, Gas pumps experience is a plus!