- Attention to detail is required while maintaining records, logs and forms, including any forms required by the Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Operating a Yard Truck off the facility property will be required.
As a City Driver, you will be operating a tractor trailer delivering trailer loads of merchandise to stores.
- You will be required to maintain records by retaining load-related paperwork, electronic logs (e.g., hours of service log) and forms (e.g., forms required by the Department of Transportation, local, state and federal agencies).
- Safety, accuracy and attention to detail are critical to these roles.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment to ensure safety and compliance
- Comply with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Performed additional duties as assigned
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains, repairs, and conducts preventative maintenance on DC equipment and building in safe and correct ways.
- Repairs items in a timely manner and utilizes established repair policies and procedures.
- Tells management about dirty and harmful working conditions and unsafe practices.
- Tells management when tools and supplies required for performing repairs on DC equipment are unavailable or broken.
- Utilizes Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to perform work (e.g., record work history, identify parts usage, identify warranties) in a timely and effective manner.
- Safely and correctly performs facility upkeep activities (e.g., cleaning, maintain internal areas of the facility, operate sweeper/scrubber) and follows these requirements when doing own work in a timely and effective manner.
- Spots unsafe working conditions, poor products, and improper service procedures in the facility, and reports them to management with ideas for how to fix the problem.
- Ensures facility upkeep equipment is in proper working order and supplies are organized and stocked.Comply with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Performed additional duties as assigned
Yard Driver and City Driver positions will require specific qualifications to be met in order to compete for these position.
Yard Driver- Off Property (Driving off facility property)
- Valid state-issued driver’s license
- Will obtain Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) within 6 months of job entry date and will maintain it while employed in this position
- Interstate (Class A) Commercial Drivers License with Hazmat endorsement (including cleared background check) or will obtain HAZMAT endorsement (with cleared background check) within 120 calendar days of date of hire.Minimum of 30 months experience working in a full-time Class A tractor/trailer driving position in the previous 3 years.
- No more than two (2) moving violations while operating a personal or commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years.
- No serious traffic violations while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years.
- No convictions for a DUI, DWI, OUI, or reckless driving involving alcohol/drugs within the last ten (10) years.
- No preventable accidents* while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years. (*The preventability of any accidents will be determined by Walmart based on the ATA Guidelines.)
- No preventable* DOT recordable accidents (collisions resulting in disabling damage and/or immediate medical treatment away from the scene) while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last ten (10) years. (*The preventability of any accidents will be determined by Walmart based on the ATA Guidelines.)
- No preventable accident* resulting in a fatality or catastrophic injury in driving history (commercial motor vehicle). (*The preventability of any accidents will be determined by Walmart based on the ATA Guidelines.)
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity - unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.