We currently seek a team member to help mentor and provide virtual, Zoom-based support services to adults with disabilities. Specific experience teaching adults or children with special needs highly preferred. The hired team member will work part-time and on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Direct Support Associate is a member of our Personal Supports Team and the selected team member will specifically be responsible for the following.
- Facilitating virtual program plans designed to help clients learn basic academic and independent living skills
- Planning interesting virtual activities each week
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have an Associates Degree or equivalent experience supporting individuals with disabilities
- Must have a computer and high-speed internet access
- Must be highly engaging in a virtual setting and be comfortable assisting clients via Zoom
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must demonstrate excellent English language and writing skills
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Background checks, drug test and reference checks will be performed prior to hire