Heartland Women's Healthcare is GROWING and looking to add a member to our team of Ultrasound Techs! The successful candidate will communicate clearly and frequently with our team to ensure the highest level of care for our obstetrical and gynecological patients.
The Sonographer will perform procedures according to established protocol to obtain diagnostic information as ordered by the physician or their designated healthcare provider. The Sonographer will provide information to the patient about the purpose of the ultrasound procedure and respond to the patient's questions and concerns.
This is a full-time position with a growing and successful practice. We run an upbeat office with Physician's, Certified Nurse Midwives, and Nurse Practitioners.
- Calibrate, maintain, and control all ultrasound equipment
- OB, Anatomy and Growth ultrasounds as well as biophysical exams
- Dopplers and cx lengths
- GYN scans including saline infused sonohysterograms
- Take sonogram still images and video for physician and patients
- Notify Physicians of any abnormalities or concerns immediately
- Chart ultrasound results
- Soothe and reassure nervous or anxious patients
- See patients on time and reschedule patients as necessary
- Arrive to work on time when practice opens
- Refrain from commenting on your work to patients unless specifically instructed to do so by a Physician
- Associate or bachelor's degree in Radiologic Technology or Diagnostic Medical Sonography from CAAHEP accredited school.
- Current ARDMS certification with OB/GYN specialty required.
- Previous OB/GYN ultrasound experience strongly preferred.
- 1+ years of experience as a sonographer preferred.
- Basic understanding of human anatomy and functions
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with patients and health care staff
About Heartland Women's Healthcare:
Heartland Women's Healthcare coordinates convenient personalized healthcare for all women in all stages of life utilizing innovative technology within a warm and welcoming environment. Our team of Doctors, Certified Nurse Midwives and Nurse Practitioners offer a full range of obstetric and gynecologic services through our multiple offices located throughout Southern Illinois, Poplar Bluff and St. Louis, Missouri.
Learn more at: www.usaobgyn.com
About Advantia Health:
To provide the highest quality patient care available, Heartland Women's Healthcare is partnered with Advantia Health. Advantia is transforming healthcare for all women – setting a higher standard of care and convenience while reducing unnecessary costs. Compassion and value inspire everything we do. We take time to listen, answer questions completely, and offer helpful technology between visits so that our patients are empowered and at ease. Alongside coordinated care, Advantia is pioneering care models that align incentives with the best interests of women and their families.
Advantia is expanding quickly through organic growth and acquisitions, providing direct care through more than 200 providers across 60 locations, serving over 430,000 patients at our OB-GYN and coordinated specialist offices. Advantia also enables health plans, state health organizations, hospital systems, and employers to deliver high-value care through technology products.
Learn more at: www.AdvantiaHealth.com