We are currently seeking an experienced Survey Crew Chief for our Ashburn, VA office.
Essential duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Oversees the day to day Field Crew operations to provide field data for boundary surveys, topographical and construction stakeout surveys
- Oversees and trains individuals to operate total station, level, GPS and data collectors for use in the collection field of survey data
- Establishes and sets point on construction stakeout projects (curb and gutter, drop inlets, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, waterline, structures, etc.)
- Conducts daily maintenance and up-keep of instruments
- Provides clear and concise field notes including sketches
- Oversees maintenance of survey equipment, supplies and vehicle
- Candidate must be able to work in a team environment, and also be willing to work independently on occasion
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- High school diploma/GED and five (5) years of field survey experience is ideal
- Experience with Leica Robotic Total Stations, Data Collectors and GPS preferred
- Must be able to obtain and hold a federal security clearance
- Experience with VDOT transportation surveying a plus
- Ability to collect field data in an organized, neat and professional manner for various boundary, topographic, design and construction staking projects
- The ability to compute, process and map field data will provide the right candidate opportunity and advancement
- AutoCAD experience a plus
- A valid VA driver license and a good driving record required
- Must be willing to travel on occasion
- Must be able to carry up to 50 lb. of equipment over all types of terrain.
- All-weather year-round outdoor work environment, with seasonal extreme heat index and wind-chill factors
- Other physical attributes of the job, such as hiking, climbing, vegetation management (chopping, cutting, hammering, sawing, etc.)
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.