CrowdRx Clinical staff work in a variety of locations including major sporting and concert venues as well as remote event sites. Team leaders will act as a resource leader overseeing teams of staff operating at an event and may act as a shift lead as needed. In this role team leaders can expect to interact with both internal staff and venue staff to accomplish pre-determined action items to ensure quality patient care and event safety.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Make recommendations to the Clinical Education Manager to improve various aspects
of the training and QA/QI programs (This may include changes in specific study
materials, technology, and standard operating policies, procedures, education and
· Communicate company goals and standards of excellence through exemplary daily job
performance, attitude, initiative, and demeanor.
Assist in the development, implementation and updating of site plans, emergency action plans.
· Provide exemplary patient care and customer service.
· Reinforce and uphold the goals and objectives of the new employee orientation program.
· Identify, evaluate and/or remediate individuals who are not meeting and exceeding CrowdRx and GMR performance standards.
· Conduct field training, education, evaluation and remediation of new and continuing employees.
· Help transitional employees to define basic skills and functions.
· Act as an educational resource for field employees and management.
· Facilitate the smooth transition for new-hire employees as well as continuing employees with
expanding and/or changing job responsibilities.
· Identify risk components and take the appropriate action.
· Provide detailed paperwork on all activities.
· Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
· Provide detailed paperwork on all activities to the appropriate management staff
Communicate site needs and supply requests to communications center or management on a daily basis.
Interface with internal and external partners or agencies to collaborate on ongoing projects and operations.
· Drive the on duty vehicle as needed
Serve as site or venue lead as needed or identified by management
· Current on certifications.
· Coach and educate partners of new and changing information as necessary.
· Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
· Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security
policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report
information systems security problems.
· Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to
assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive
results. Champion affirmative action efforts in all aspects of employment, including but not
limited to staffing, training, promotion, etc. Responsible for compliance with and enforcement of
company/department policies and procedures.
NONESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
· Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or General Education Diploma, current County EMT Certification, current
State-approved CPR Certification, current BLS card, current Driver’s License
One year EMT field experience with six-month experience in the respective operation, two to three years field experience as a EMT, prior EMS supervisory or leadership experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
Effective oral, written, and inter- personal communication skills,proficient understanding of Operation and State / County protocols, geography,
CrowdRx’s Policies and Procedures and CrowdRx Health and Safety Manual
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled