Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the worlds leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our 22,000 employees do the cant be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
As a government contractor, Peraton abides by the following provision
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
- Requires a BS with 8-10 years experience, Master of Science degree in a relevant engineering discipline with 6-8 years experience, or PhD with 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Preferred certification: DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification
Peratons has an opportunity for an experienced Software Developer Senior
The position is located in Annapolis Junction, MD. Remote location my be considered.
This position requires an active/current fully adjudicated DoD Secret clearance
- Develop technical solutions to complex problems.
- Support the development and/or sustainment of a software development environment that covers the entire Software Development Lifecycle using current methodologies to include Continuous Deployment, Agile, and Development Operations (DevOps).
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with cross-functional engineering and development teams in the planning, design, development, and utilization of Cloud-based capabilities for the development, modification, and deployment of commercial-of-the-shelf (COTS) software.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Confers with systems analysts, engineers, and cross-functional teams to design software and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Designs, develops and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design.
- Coordinates software testing and deployment to ensure specifications are met.
- Assist the Scrum Master and Scrum Team in providing technical expertise in executing contract deliverables.
- Provide support to the Chief Enterprise Architect, Release Train Engineer, Senior Leadership and the client with regards to software development best practices.
- Support Quality Assurance and Quality Control verification within all applicable phases of software development to assure all actions are completed in accordance with appropriate policy, standards and procedures.
- Collaborate with government Product Owners, cross-functional teams, and client vendors to support rapid integration and interoperability of software.
- Ensure the quality of all services and deliverables across the contract.
- Ensure high customer satisfaction and compliance with all government and corporate policies.
Knowledge and Skills
Working knowledge of Agile Methodologies, Kanban Framework, and Waterfall.
- Experience in code development, modification and deployment. Familiarity with ServiceNow desired. Continuous Development, Deployment, Testing, Integration and Monitoring Knowledge.
- Experience in the use of JIRA and Confluence; developing user stories and identifying features based on client requirements.
- Must be proactive and able to perform in a fast-paced Agile environment providing timely deliverables.
- Ability to foster collaborative relationships with customers, teaming partners and cross-functional teams. Ability to resolve customer issues very quickly and accurately.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate technical information.
For Colorado Residents
Colorado Salary Minimum: $80,641.60
Colorado Salary Maximum:$172,411.20
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Perspecta's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Perspecta provides a variety of benefits to employees.