DurationFull Time Desired Education High School / GED Desired Experience 0-3 Years
Minimum of three to five years of previous, relevant field service experience preferred
Experience in one or more of the following industries preferred: Electronic Security
High School diploma or equivalent
Experience servicing, integrating, and programming access control systems, CCTV systems, and intrusion systems.
Access Control experience in the following products are preferred. AMAG / Genetec / Software House - CCURE / S2
CCTV experience in the following products are preferred. Milestone / Genetec / March Networks
Intrusion experience in the following products are preferred. DMP / Bosch Responsibilities 1. Responds to routine and some non-routine customer service calls, scheduled maintenance calls, and emergency service calls on a timely basis; will diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and debug systems for routine problems; installs projects as necessary.
2. Identifies and resolves problems for many types of service calls including emergency and after-hours calls; analyzes repair requirements and provides customer with appropriate solutions; completes necessary repairs and replacements as needed; exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
3. Completes accurate and detailed service reports for customer and Convergint to allow for accurate invoicing and job cost tracking.
4. Acts as our customers best service provider at all times thereby ensuring Convergint Technologies is the customers first choice for service.
5. Executes all service calls in accordance with Federal, State and local regulations as well as company health and safety policies and procedures. Uses solid troubleshooting skills to isolate and fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
6. Provides technical support to end users and field labor when applicable. Proactively seeks technical guidance from more experience staff for difficult and unusual situations.
7. Keeps up to date and informed on all company products, services and policies.
8. Presents a professional image of Convergint Technologies at all times in appearance and behavior and seeks opportunities to promote the services offered by the company.
9. Communicates with and work with the other team members consistently to improve overall operations of the Convergint Technology Center, and company.
10. Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required. Skills Developing exceptional customer focus and ability to work under pressure; ability to maintain awareness of, and seek to meet the needs and wants of the customer without being prompted
Developing technical skills and experience related to electronic security and/or other systems interfaced with same.
Programming skills and proven ability to troubleshoot problems and look for solutions
Must be a self-starter and work well with direct supervision
Solid mechanical and electrical aptitude (e.g. works with a variety of hand and power tools such as drill, screwdriver, wire stripper, hacksaw, crimper)
Frequent visits to jobsites are required. Minimal overnight travel is required. Valid drivers license required.
Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Basic organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple service needs simultaneously
Proficient computer skills including familiarity with MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel) Other While performing the duties of this job, On occasion, the colleague may be required to climb and work in high places, stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. Position may also require work in confined spaces and exposure to different types of outdoor weather conditions. Risk of electrical shock is present.
The position is a field position. The colleague regularly performs local work-related travel and minimal long-distance travel.