Are you a gearhead? Love the smell of exhaust and rubber?Love being around cars on or off the race track?
Then Jackson may be for you.
Seasonal Event Support (SES) is expected to support the company's mission, vision & values in all action. (S)He has a positive attitude and mutual respect for all clients, co-workers and colleagues. The SES understands JACKSON'S all hands on deck philosophy, which requires total teamwork and collaboration at all locations and any time (s)he is scheduled to work at a race or event. JACKSON's ultimate goal is to serve our clients and to do everything possible to make them and their operations more efficient, profitable, and their interactions with us enjoyable. Specifically, this position is responsible for assisting full-time Jackson Associates at races and other events.
- Setup, support, and breakdown of events
- Mount/dismount and balance tires
- Effectively and safely operate various equipment; including tire mounting, balancing, and air systems
- Present a basic understanding and working knowledge, including terminology of tire mounting and balancing equipment
- Assists in the loading and unloading of trucks, including by hand and/or operating mechanical loader(s)
- Event marketing support, such as, handing out materials and interacting with event attendees
- Other duties and responsibilities based on event, client, and company needs
- Must submit time and expenses prior to bi-weekly deadline utilizing Company online systems
- Adhere to assigned event dress code to present a neat, orderly, and professional image
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Possess general auto mechanical ability
- Work efficiently under stress
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos
- Basic computer skills, including working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Proactive, resourceful, strong team player
- Commitment to Company Values
- General knowledge of motorsports
- Tire mounting and balancing service experience
Reporting to this Position:
While performing the duties of this position, the Associate is continually required to stand, walk, sit; use hands and fingers to handle, manipulate or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. The Associate must routinely lift up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral, vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this position, the Associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The Associate may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The Associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; extreme cold; extreme heat; and the risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
General sign-off: The Associate is expected to adhere to all company policies.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.