Safety Manager - Construction
Summary of Safety Manager - Construction Role
GA Rogers is seeking an experienced Safety Manager. The Safety Manager is an integral position to maintaining a safe work site. As with all management personnel, this position requires ownership and professional leadership skills. The ability to create and maintain a positive and safe work environment is paramount. The Safety Manager should be well versed in Construction practices, techniques, safety, and general terminology. This position reports directly to the Director of Field Operations.
- Ensure the health and safety of company employee’s, contractors, and visitors are compliant with federal, state and local OSHA regulations.
- Responsible for developing and managing the safety and loss prevention program.
- Develop, implement, and manage the safety program, including plans, goals, and strategies for improved safety performance.
- Subject matter expertise on safety best practices, regulatory issues, interpretations of standards and codes, and incident investigation.
- Develop, maintain, and update emergency plans.
- Participate in investigations relating to serious injury. Review and analyze injury and investigation reports ensuring necessary corrective measures are implemented.
- Keep records of all incidents and or activities relating to a policy violation.
- Conduct safety and operational orientation for all new employees.
- Schedule and conduct general safety meetings, safety committee meetings, and monthly superintendent meetings.
- Conduct initial job site set-up and perform pre-construction job hazard analysis.
- Manage all aspects of the company’s tools, including maintenance, repair, distribution, purchasing, and inventory control.
- Schedule, plan, and review in-house labor needs with the Director of Field Operations.
- Check for appropriate safety clothing or gear, as well as enforcing the display of safety signage.
- Maintain company vehicles and equipment.
- Manage all aspects of outside rental equipment.
- Manage in-house rental program.
- Maintain shop and facility to include safety, maintenance, and security.
- Schedule material and tool deliveries as needed.
Safety Manager - Construction Requirements:
- Follow and execute all appropriate Safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (standing for long periods, lifting heavy loads of at least 50 pounds, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of power tools and machinery
- Ability to work in all weather
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Licensed equipment operator
- Strong organizational, leadership and motivational skills
Safety Manager - Construction Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 10 years of direct safety experience in the commercial construction industry
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST).
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards pertaining to construction
- OSHA 500 certified preferred
- Strong communicator and listener
- Excellent attention to detail with an emphasis placed on safety
- Ability to handle difficult and sensitive situations in a professional manner
- Problem Solver
Compensation / Pay Rate (Up to): 65,000+