Project Architect – (1471)
Location: San Francisco, CA
Do you value teamwork and an environment where you can learn, thrive, and be challenged?
You are just the person we are looking for.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Project Architect, like you.
As your future employer, we believe that integrity and respect for everyone are a must. You, as a valued team member, will be a part of this culture too.
Luxus Build Architects is seeking a creative, passionate, and driven design professional to work on commercial mixed-use projects up and down the West Coast, and in Hawaii. You will work with a team of talented and collaborative professionals to coordinate and direct internal project teams, and coordinate with external consultants and contractors on large-scale projects. We are seeking individuals to represent our mission and business interests in all phases of our work, and to help mentor and grow our younger staff. If you have the desire and the skills, we have the place for you to put them to work and grow your career.
Our firm has the opportunity for multiple Project Architects in our Austin and San Antonio Offices. The ideal candidate must be licensed as a registered Architect in the State of Texas, with a minimum of 7 years of practice and experience in preparation of technical and presentation materials. Individual shall have a demonstrated ability in project architect responsibilities, a diversified knowledge of architectural principles and practices, and experience with Education and/or Healthcare facilities is a plus.
- 5 or 6-year accredited professional degree in architecture.
- 10+ years’ experience on large scale, multi-disciplined projects. License preferred.
- Proficiency with Revit and familiarity with graphic illustration software programs such as 3D Studio Max, and Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and In-Design preferred. Proficiency with New Forma preferred.
- Highly developed aesthetic sense in the use of materials, color, form, texture, proportion, composition.
- Working knowledge of zoning ordinances and the process by which design solutions are quantified, illustrated, and explained to approval authority’s ability to work effectively with a variety of individuals including clients, consultants, code officials and construction trades.
- Displays technical knowledge of building systems, material assemblies, and engineering concepts
- Ability to take charge and respectfully direct younger staff at all project stages.
- Professional manner and reputation for fair and consistent business dealings with all parties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven leadership abilities and mature judgment.
- Organizes the work efforts of our project team on a day-to-day basis and functions as the primary facilitator of communication with the Client and other members of the project team.
- Is integral in the formulation of project design philosophy and adheres strictly to this philosophy in the execution of the work and in assignments to junior staff.
- Recognizes the qualitative goals set forth for each project and works toward achieving these goals while balancing design, technical and business objectives.
- Establishes detailed work plans to meet project milestones and continually monitors progress.
- Directs and supervises work of junior level staff in preparation of drawings, studies, models, and other project tasks. Mentors and trains junior staff in a constructive and thoughtful manner.
- Exhibits thorough understanding of complex building materials and systems, details, and construction techniques, primary structural and MEPFP systems and their operation, and secondary building systems.
- Exhibits thorough understanding of zoning, building code, and other regulatory requirements as they relate to the project and checks documents for compliance.
- Conducts conferences with regulatory officials and prepares strategies to address interpretative issues related to building regulations.
- Participates in strategic discussion with senior management on issues that affect the Firm’s performance, perception in the marketplace, client satisfaction and profitability.
- Researches and promotes opportunities for new or innovative system applications. Actively looks for and implements techniques to improve quality of work and efficiency.
- Promotes a positive team environment with cooperative and interactive working methods and sets a high example of professionalism and leadership for junior staff.