MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE III
Education Level High School
Provides full range of member service functions with minimal supervision, directs workflow in the absence of branch management, acts as key holder, assists with coaching and training of new team members and contributes to the attainment of branch sales goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres the SJFCU Service Standards as established
- Performs all Branch MSR duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Acts as first point of contact for branch personnel regarding member issues or complaints, assisting with resolution within authority level assigned and escalating issues to a supervisor when necessary.
- Coaches and assists with training new team members joining the branch.
- Contributes to branch sales goals by engaging members in dialogue to determine their financial needs and recommending products or services that meet those needs using various sales techniques.
- Promotes the credit union's member service delivery methodology and philosophy to branch staff.
- Acts as key holder on rotating basis, performing branch opening and closing responsibilities.
- Makes recommendations to supervisor for improvements within the branch that would result in improving the delivery of service to the membership.
- Works as a team member of the office in assisting in the daily functions of operation in the absence of the manager.
- Represents the credit union at Select Employer Group (SEG) signups onsite as requested.
- Directs workflow of staff in absence of the Branch Manager and Assistant Branch Manager.
- Participates in available credit union self-development education programs and required compliance courses through self-study, Digital University, and the credit union's training department.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned by a supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates or Bachelor's degree, preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years as an MSR II or similar role within a financial institution
- Prior sales experience
- Experience coaching and training others preferred
- Valid, Unexpired Driver's License with no major violations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of credit union services, policies and procedures
- Solid Knowledge of banking regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook and using the web
- Highly proficient with credit union software programs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to remain professional and act as a role model for others
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise judgement
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Sales techniques
- Ability to coach and train others
- Available to travel to other branches and off-site company events when required
The physical demands of the position require being able to sit or stand for extended periods of time, lift items weighing an estimated 5-10lbs or more and perform repetitive hand movements on a keyboard.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA):
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties of the position. If you need to request and accommodation please contact Talent Services at 856-232-9000 ext. 5104 or via email to TalentServices@southjerseyfcu.
South Jersey Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled