Working Hours Start: Various
Working Hours End: Various
What does a MedicationAide do?
You will be providing medication services and directresident care, assist in maintaining a positive physical and psychosocialenvironment for residents. You will help our residents with activities of dailyliving, housekeeping, laundry and other daily chores.
Why join the PrestigeCare Family in the Medication Aide role and what can we offer you?
In this job, everyday you will…
1. Responsible for the daily operation of themedication room and medication services as directed by the Health ServicesDirector (HSD) and in accordance with physician orders, state regulations andthe nurse practice act.
2. Processes physician medication and treatmentorders in accordance with state regulations and the nurse practice act.
3. Administers and assists with theself-administration of routine and non-routine medications in accordance withphysician orders, state regulations and the nurse practice act.
4. Completes simple treatments and monitorsresidents as directed by the health service director in accordance withphysician orders, state regulations and the nurse practice act.
5. Maintains accurate records of medication andtreatment services provided or omitted, including controlled substances in eachresident’s clinical record.
6. Reports and records changes in residentcondition, incidents and accidents to HSD, physician and family member asindicated under the direction of the HSD. Completes all incident forms.
7. Assists in lifting, moving and transportingresidents using proper body mechanics or assistive devices as directed by theresident’s cooperative service plan.
Education & Experienceyou need to qualify:
Ways you can advancebeyond the Medication Aide role:
Once you master this role, you could consider the Lead MedicationAide, Resident Care Coordinator, Expressions Director, or Executive Directorjobs with Prestige Care.