To assist the physician or physician assistant in providing primary medical care to the patients of the Office Practice.
1. Prepares materials, supplies, equipment and the patient to assist the physician or the physician assistant with the patient's medical exam.
2. Obtains the patients history and basic medical data such as vital signs temperature, height & weight, vision & chief complaint.
3. Provides direct patient care, such as ear irrigation, vaccinations and medications, wound care & suture removal.
4. Collects, prepares and analyzes patient specimens as directed by the physician or physician assistant.
5. Instructs the patient and family on how to perform physician recommended preventive care, take prescribed medication, prepare for tests, monitor treatment progress & note symptom changes.
6. Contacts the patient by telephone to provide requested follow-up, advise them of test results or relay a physician's instructions.
7. Performs organizational responsibilities to achieve the Practices' and WCMG missions through a process of total quality improvement.
8. Completes all meaningful use requirements.
9. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required: Licensed Practical Nurse. Basic medical knowledge and terminology. Computer skills/data entry. Skilled in obtaining accurate patient vitals. BLS certification. Vaccine administration and medication preparation.
Minimum Experience: one year
Desired: Proficiency in multiple languages. Phlebotomy. EKG. Successful completion of medical scribing within probationary period.
Location: Newtown-170 Mt. Pleasant Rd
Org Unit: 551
Department: DB PC Newtown
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day/Eve 8
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
* Basic Life Support
* CT Licensed Practical Nurse
* HS Graduate or Equivalent
* Some manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
* Little or no potential for occupational risk
* Medium to Heavy effort. May extert up to 35 lbs. force