What you'll do...
- Ensures project manager development and continued successful performance by providing mentoring; monitoring program and individual project progress; providing periodic project status reports and executive summaries to stakeholders and management; developing new project managers to ensure skills are aligned with established Project Management Organization (PMO) standards; and providing mentorship and guidance to peers and management on methodology and practice.
- Develops project management practices by adhering to the principles of the Walmart Global Tech project management methodologies (for example, Agile); promoting the principles and business value of the project methodologies throughout the organization; leading and contributing to the development and improvement of the Global Tech project methodologies; leading lessons learned meetings; and participating in established feedback channels.
- Manages geographically distributed teams, off-shore development teams and third-party vendors (for example, software vendors, hardware vendors, photo vendors, content providers) by coordinating internal and vendor schedules; integrating teams and vendors into project strategy; communicating progress status; ensuring delivery of proper functionality; and managing communications from vendors to internal stakeholders.
- Manages multiple, highly complex Global Tech projects (for example, software development, infrastructure) with external stakeholders (for example, third-party vendors, Information System Division (ISD), Store Innovations) by driving projects through the lifecycle phases to successful completion as defined in project's charter; serving as the project team lead (for example, scrum master); managing project budget; developing and maintaining a project schedule to track milestones; developing and executing plans for managing risk; providing updates and communicating needed changes to project budget; escalating project-related issues to management in according to project guidelines and requirements; providing project status reports to stakeholders and management; managing project change control processes; coordinating production issue resolution; interpreting data to help guide teams towards issue resolution and risk management; and making recommendations regarding solutions to problems or issues.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Bachelor of Science and 5 years' technical program management experience OR Master of Science and 2 years' technical program management
experience OR 8 years' technical program management experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.