This new position requires an experienced Structural Engineer with specific knowledge and consulting experience designing residential and commercial buildings, preferably in a coastal region. Bridge design experience is a plus. The individual will: assist in developing, planning, coordinating, and performing the engineering work for multiple projects; perform assignments independently or with limited guidance from the Principal or senior engineers.
This position requires a broad knowledge of engineering principles and practices. Candidates must be capable of self-sufficiency and working on most aspects of projects.
Duties will include:
- Communication with clients to identify the scope of engineering services required.
- Communication with Project Manager for project guidance and status.
- Performing accurate analysis and design necessary to fulfill the scope of engineering services.
- Providing cost estimates as required.
- Providing final construction documents conforming to the scope of engineering services for Project Managers review and approval.
- Conducting periodic construction site observations for the project and attends project meetings as required by clients.
- Routinely communicating with Principals, Design Group Leaders, Project Managers, CADD technicians, engineering technicians, surveyors, government agencies, contractors, subcontractors, and administrative staff.
- BS in Civil Engineering from ABET accredited university.
- 4+ years engineering experience, specifically in structural design including coastal and bridge work.
- Project Management experience preferred.
- EIT preferred
- We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, 401(k), profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, and performance bonuses.