OrganizationHospice What You Will Do Responsible for the overall medical direction of the hospice program. Consults and cooperates with the patients’ attending physician. Physician direction and guidance to the IDT (Interdisciplinary Team), volunteers and other physicians to assure the maintenance of quality care for patients and families. Serves as a liaison and contact between the hospice program, community physicians and affiliated hospitals to develop and expand the number of patients served by hospice.
• Act as a consultant to patients, physicians and other members of the interdisciplinary team to assure provision of quality of palliative care including pain and symptoms management as you collaborate with the patients’ attending physician
• Assure appropriate evaluation, certification and recertification of terminal prognosis at the time of admission and at the end of each certification period.
• Serve as the physician member of the Professional Advisory Committee.
• Conduct educational seminars, inservices and presentations to physicians, nurses and other health care audiences in order to improve quality of patient care and promote hospice services and increase access to patients.
• Available for in-house or phone consultation for acute patient clinical problems that cannot be resolved through staff, directors and primary or on-call physician and available for consultation or joint visits in hospital or home when indicate.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include: