VMware and AWS announced a strategic partnership that brings the two leaders in Enterprise IT together to deliver a vSphere-based cloud service running on AWS. This service will make it easier for customers to run any application, using a set of familiar software and tools, in a consistent hybrid cloud environment.
Amazon Web Services is seeking an experienced Sales Specialist for our VMware Cloud on AWS Team. The Sales Specialist will develop and manage a pipeline of high value opportunities by executing customer focused campaigns to identify compelling events and use cases that will help our customers adopt hybrid cloud and take advantage of cloud economics and native cloud services.
Specifically, this person will be responsible for owning the day to day execution of the sales strategy, identifying and building relationships with key influencers and decision-makers within the executive teams of our customers for VMware Cloud on AWS. The ideal candidate possesses a proven track record and background that enables them to lead a sales effort that will include teaming with AWS Senior Enterprise Sales Representatives, Solutions Architects, Partners and engagements at the CxO level within the largest AWS accounts. The ideal candidate should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus.
• Accountable for bringing new customers and workloads onto the VMware Cloud on AWS platform, and ensuring that the customers’ needs are met or exceeded.
• Meeting or exceeding revenue targets.
• Developing and executing against a comprehensive account/territory plan.
• Managing contract negotiations along with the core sales organization.
• Working with AWS/VMware sales, pre-sales teams to drive sales growth in assigned region.
• Working and partnering with AWS regional leadership to ensure business alignment.
• Travel required
· 5+ years of direct/matrix sales, business development experience in public or hybrid cloud environment. Experience with VMware or selling AWS services is an advantage.
· Functional understanding of key technologies and trends in the cloud domain; containerization, software defined technology, hybrid cloud operating models, etc.
· Experience preparing, presenting formal proposals to customers. Leading negotiations, coordinating complex decision-making process, and overcoming objections to closure.
· Maintains good rapport and demonstrates leadership and teamwork in cross-functional teams.
· Experience in leading and influencing cross-functional teams with value-led propositions
· Entrepreneurial & Commercial thinking: ambitious, self-driven, go-getter, risk-taker, persuader and influencer, persistent, action oriented, change driver, opinionated (“my business!”)
· Customer Focus - We see our customers' business through their eyes in order to provide solutions that uniquely satisfy each customer's needs
· Demonstrated success in exceeding revenue-based targets using a consultative, solutions-focused approach.
· Solutions-focused: curious, positive, collaborative, converts issues into possibilities
· Consultative skills: establish credibility; explore requirements; plan in view of interests, ambitions and possibilities; handshake engagement;
· Organizational awareness: establish power-base mapping to sensibly act and plan in accordance
· Superior presentation/communication skills: purposeful structure, crisp content (less is more), actionable delivery
· Presentation and communication skills with the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences (both verbal and written)
Preference for candidates based in Atlanta, GA but open to candidates located in AWS office locations including (Arlington, Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Cupertino, Dallas, Detroit, East Palo Alto, Herndon, Houston, Irvine, Minneapolis, Nashville, New York City, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Sunnyvale, Santa Monica, Seattle, Tempe)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.