Patients Medical Center (PMC) provides inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services to residents of Pasadena, Deer Park, La Porte, Baytown, and Clear Lake. The facility includes 53 medical/surgical beds, eight ICU beds and three endoscopy rooms, and offers a range of primary and specialized services-wound care, general surgery, gastroenterology, occupational health, heart and vascular, women's services, diagnostic imaging, outpatient rehab services, and sleep disorders.
Has accountability for the perioperative services including, but not limited to the oversight of Surgical, Endoscopy, PreOp and PACU service areas. The major responsibilities are in providing leadership and communication, monitoring the work environment, assuring quality, fostering positive relationships with partner and staff physicians, managing the fiscal budget, managing human resources and ensuring the delivery of competent clinical practice.
- Facilitates staff to assume leadership roles, both formally and informally, via role modeling.
- Demonstrates positive leadership skills and communication that embrace change, which results in achievement of outcomes.
- Articulates departmental goals and objectives that lead to active staff participation in clinical decision-making affecting practice.
- Mentors and guides Perioperative services unit managers and supervisors in their leadership development.
- Serves as the management representative for perioperative services in fostering physician and patient relationships that creates trust and respect amongst the patients, physicians, and staff
- Facilitates the achievement of a high quality work environment by addressing the needs of the department.
- Ensures that appropriate equipment and supplies are available to provide effective and efficient nursing care.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, physician partnered community hospital environment that Requires constant reprioritization of tasks and resources.
- Participates in unit, service and divisional CQI/CQE programs, documents results, reports by deadlines, and formulates corrective action plans for improvement.
- Meets established Standards of Care, quality control targets, and Leads quality improvement projects.
- Develops a multidisciplinary program to monitor quality patient care indicators.
- Maintains a consistent score of fair to good on selected customer service survey items related to the perioperative service units. Uses corrective action plans to address deficiencies in customer satisfaction.
- Works closely with unit managers and supervisors to develop and review perioperative Policies and Procedure
- Maintains fiscal budget within established targets.
- Controls overtime, orientation costs, SSP costs and medical supply costs.
- Works closely with the CNO and unit managers and or supervisors to adjust staffing patterns according to unit activity and patient acuity.
- Reviews fiscal Worksheet with the Leader - , analyzing variances and implementing appropriate action plans.
- Works closely with unit managers and/or supervisors to develop and manage both operational and capital budgets that prioritize needs based on patient care requirements and budget policies.
- Identifies hospital cost savings opportunities that are measurable.
- Identifies new revenue-producing opportunities for the hospital.
- Directs selection of equipment & supplies for the department that are cost effective and within the contract, taking into account physician preferences.
- Implements shared leadership with structured recruitment, retention and professional practice.
- Facilitates professional growth and development of staff utilizing career development plans. Identifies staff career development and training needs. Uses CQI/CQE and staff input for development of educational programs.
- Demonstrates accountability for human and material resource management with guidelines and standards by monitoring, and correcting variances for productive and non-productive utilization.
- Complies with personnel policies and procedures, follows guidelines and conducts effective performance interviews. Ensures that employees understand job standards.
- Oversees orientation of all new employees. Evaluates orientation process effectiveness and employee progress during orientation.
- Ensures that payroll is accurate and timely.
- Actively Maintains membership in a professional organization, (i.e. specialty or administration).
- Maintains clinical exposure through actual intervention, coordination of patient care, role modeling, consulting, problem solving and in-services.
- Ensures effective delivery of competent, compassionate nursing care based on social, psychological, developmental and spiritual needs of the patients, as demonstrated by patient care outcomes and achieved through established standards of care, and by the patients and families perception of care.
- Maintains thorough understanding of TJC requirements, including the National Patient Safety goals, pertaining to all aspects of Perioperative Services.
- Supports and espouses the mission & values of .
- Maintains a safe work environment.
Education and Licensure
*RN in the state of Texas
*Minimun of seven (7) years experience in the discipline and five (5) years leadership experience
Education and Licensure
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
*Strong interpersonal communication skills. Ability to prioritize and finish tasks, and maintain deadlines. Ability to balance the demands of the patients, physicians, and staff in a partnership community hospital.