Houchens Industries was originally founded in Glasgow, Kentucky by Ervin G. Houchens in 1917 as Houchens Foods.
A century later, Houchens Industries operates more than 400 retail grocery, convenience, and neighborhood market stores across 16 states. Complemented by a strong foundation of diverse companies and 18,000 employees corporate-wide, Houchens Industries is listed by Forbes as one of the largest 100% employee-owned companies in the world.Overview:
Main Responsibilities of a deli clerk:
● Preparing workstations, cooking ingredients, and kitchen equipment for cooking.
● Cooking and arranging food.
Deli Clerk Description:
We are looking for an experienced clerk to fill a vacant spot in our kitchen staff and contribute to the overall excellence of our deli department.
The person we are hoping to employ is first and foremost a skilled, organized, and creative individual. We are looking for someone to work as a team player, follow instructions, and help us delight our customers with delicious food from our menu. In addition to an excellent attitude, great communication and organizational skills are paramount.
A good candidate for this job is a person with attention to detail who can keep the kitchen tidy and clean all while preparing, cooking, and arranging food together with the rest of our kitchen staff. We pride ourselves in our exceptional service, and we expect nothing less from our staff.
Responsibilities of a deli clerk:
● Provide exceptional service to each and every guest, in a positive manner.
● Maintaining a sanitized and well-organized kitchen.
● Preparing workstations for cooking.
● Preparing and maintaining kitchen equipment.
● Checking the quality of the ingredients.
● Preparing cooking ingredients using various techniques.
● Cooking food using various culinary techniques.
● Arranging food and ensuring appealing presentation.
● Manage food storage, stock, and ingredient orders.
● Operating slicers, choppers, dicers, mixers, vertical cutters, and other deli/bakery equipment.
● Be available for nights, holidays and weekend.
May be asked to carry 50 lbs. for a length of 20 feet
May need to be able to push 50 lbs.
May need to be able to pull 50 lbs.
Must be able to bend, squat, climb and lift objects overhead
Must be able to tolerate temperature differentials
Must be able to work nights, holidays and weekends
Benefits are offered to all Full-time employees. Full-time benefits include: Health, dental and vision insurance, Long and Short Term Disability, Individual and Family Life Insurance, Medical Bridge Insurance, Cancer Insurance, Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays, Retirement benefits through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Flexibile Scheduling, and Advancement Opportunities.