The Cross Product Change Services (CPCS) is a service organisationdelivering and supporting strategic technology change, regulatory and industry change, operations efficiency change, and client facing change across business functions and technology systems. It is a pillar within CIB Digital and Platform Services (DPS) in the Corporate Investment Bank (CIB). CPCS is a global organization with footprints across 14 locations. CPCS is increasing its services in Data Analytics and Data Visualization programs and the core team is responsible for defining and executing the data strategy on large and multi-year global initiatives. This new and rapidly growing team of change agents inside J.P. Morgan comprises of functional and business experts and individuals have in depth knowledge how to design and execute data strategies that support business transformation by enabling data driven decision making. The output produced by this team matters and will have huge impact. The products and solutions implemented by the team will enable our clients to make strategic designs and implement ongoing transformation initiatives.
New technologies, analytics, and business models are emerging with the potential to radically transform financial services. The Data Analytics Associate role is responsible for executing big data analytics projects in response to product innovation for Digital Platform Services (DPS).
The right candidate for this position has to be highly proficient with managing complex data sets, using modern statistical and data exploration practices and creating insightful visualizations. Candidate should be curious and creative, having the ability to organize stakeholder problems into clear business objectives from which they are able to create analytics solutions that deliver immediate value. Candidate will be expected to generate ideas, develop solutions, and improvise in collaboration with teammates and stakeholders. Be confident and comfortable in reaching out to subject matter experts to build business knowledge and grow understanding of pain points that represent analytic opportunities. Be driven by a big challenge and willing to learn new skills if needed to get the job done. Be excited to develop subject matter expertise in a world-class Change Delivery organization and help develop the innovative analytics for future optimization.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
· Plan, develop and implement analytic projects through understanding the business objectives in the team strategy roadmap
· Build robust and scalable analysis and deliverable plans to support shared understanding of project requirements and goals
· Develop the data, queries, tables, and visualizations that deliver insight both as an individual contributor and in collaboration with teammates
· Through deep subject matter expertise, to contribute in data strategies and recommendations that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
· Synthesize data sets to generate impactful insights that support organization’s growth agendas
· Production of Tableau, Qlikview, Power BI dashboards for resilient and end to end analytics
· Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets using statistical techniques and scripting languages (SQL, Python etc.)
· In conjunction with data owners and department managers, contribute to the development of data models for future analytics and platforms
· Collaborate with unit managers, end users, development teams, and other stakeholders to understand the business value of each analytic effort
· Apply quality assurance best practices for analytics services and support user feedback loop
· Adhere to change control, testing processes, and timelines for modifications to code and products
· Build and deliver automation utilizing user technology tools, Xceptor, Alteryx, Tableau, Cucumber VBA etc.
· Help CPCS define and structure data service which can then be scaled across various business i.e. Wholesale Payments, Merchant Services, Tax Utility, Securities Services, Markets, Global Trade Finance and Whole KYC Operations
· Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science, statistics, mathematics or similar technical or quantitative field
· 3+ years of working in a big data environment as a contributing member in a self-directed role. A combination of advanced degree and relevant experience is acceptable
· Deep experience across the full range of database and business intelligence tools (Tableau, Power BI, Python, SQL)
· Expertise in data mining, quantitative research techniques, and data analytics using R, Python or MATLAB
· Knowledge of VBA, Alteryx, Tableau, Python, Gherkin, Selenium Automation, Machine Learning and Robotics
· Demonstrated ability to distill KPIs and other performance metrics from data
· Understanding and experience of project life cycle, Behaviour Driven Development cycles, process improvement, process analysis, implementation, and testing
· Intensive, recent experience in assessing and sourcing data, optimizing data structure, and managing database query performance
· Ability to clearly develop and document analytic requirements with stakeholders
· Experience in the large scale agile projects- AML Compliance, Know Your Customer domain is desirable
· Have strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work across functions as well as with outside parties to ensure alignment and timely implementation of initiatives
· Think creatively and contribute ideas at all levels of project development
· Have the ability and willingness to learn new things
· Meet deadlines and communicate obstacles to delivery as soon as they become known
· Demonstrate effective and confident presentation skillsBe results oriented and have great attention to detail