- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Acquire and maintain certification in First Aid, CPR, and CPI (Non-Violent Crisis Intervention). Subject to annual TB test. Valid Driver's license from state of residence and ability to operate motor vehicle for 15 passengers or less.
Provide direct care and training to consumers in community residence according to local, state , and federal guidelines. Implements training goals and collects data. Counsels consumers as necessary.
Physical Abilities Include:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting (patients with assistance), fingering, writing, reading, driving including nights, counting, work double shifts as necessary, running, and smell.
Physical Requirements Include:
Very heaving lifting with assistance visual acuity must be accurate to write and read small print and record data. A worker is subject to both indoor and outdoor environments and maybe subject to temperature extremes of heat and cold for short time periods. The worker is subject to noise and hazards including the possibility of physical assault, property destruction, and infections. The worker is subject to wear protective clothing to prevent exposure to infection.
- Maintains accountability for all consumers within the assigned setting, and demonstrates knowledge of consumers' actions during that time frame.
- Ensures consumers' needs are met through the implementation of goals, behavior management, personal hygiene, oral hygiene, social adjustment, leisure, and special activities.
- Ensures consumers' well-being and for reporting and inappropriate or maladaptive behaviors to residents as needed. Implement unit wide and individual behavior management plans consistently.
- Performs all DSP paperwork, i.e: daily log, activity schedules, the monthly inventory of consumers' belongings, daily documentation as needed, progress notes, baseline data, behavior reports, requisitions and others as needed. Write up new sheets for the month - body check sheets, daily progress notes, recreational assessment, (by consumer assignment), recreational calendar and activity inventory, etc.
- Maintains cleanliness in the unit through supervision of the chores, house cleaning, cooking and laundry as scheduled or needed.
- Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team and other consumer-related meetings as needed. Provides information and assists with evaluation.
- Administers medications to residents within CHESCO Services medication administration guidelines.
- Make needed copies for direct care paperwork. (Third Shift)
- Attends in-service training and staff meetings as required
- Transport consumers as needed.
- Conducts monthly fire drills on each shift; disaster drills as required.
- Provides coverage to other shifts and community programs as needed.
- Buys groceries and supplies weekly or as needed. (On Schedule)
- Clothing purchases ( second shift; House Manager delegates).
- Prepare food and supply inventory. (Third Shift)
- Service Provision Log. (Third Shift)
- Prepare the chore list. (Third Shift)
- Performs other duties as identified or assigned.
MARGINAL JOB DUTIES