The Soil Counter/Sorter handles, counts, sorts and records incoming soiled textiles from the customer. Identifies damaged or abused textiles. Prepares and transfers textiles to other departments. Performs other tasks as needed.
- Open bag of soiled textiles, then sort them by type, size and color.
- Count textiles manually or electronically, and transfer them into sorting systems.
- Identify damaged or abused textiles and record into sorting systems.
- Meet efficiency and safety standards for the position.
- Follow instructions as directed by supervision.
- Work in other production positions as needed.
- Recognize colors and sizes, count accurately.
- Comprehend and follow direction.
Typical Physical Activity:
- Physical Demands consist of standing, walking, reaching overhead, pushing, pulling, grasping, lifting up to 50 lbs. and stooping.
- Physical Requirements consist of being able to meet the physical demands for the entire shift.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Production areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, which includes variations in temperature, odors, humidity, lint and dust. Soiled linens come from a variety of customers such as restaurants, hotels, medical facilities and shops.