About the Company
Garden State Consolidating is a boutique carrier, founded in 1992. We operate with "old school" values, meaning we treat our customers and employees with respect and loyalty. In our 20 years of operation, we have never had a layoff. We transport only one commodity, and recessions don't affect it much, so we are a great place for the driver looking for a long-term career position.
Of course, we also offer excellent compensation, a supportive work environment.
About the Job
We are currently seeking CDL-A Company Drivers for road routes out of South Kearny, NJ. If you are a highly skilled professional, don’t hesitate to contact us. We want to talk to you.
Drivers will be hauling non-Hazmat liquid on pallets.
- Company Driver (W2, Solo)
- Dry Van and Refrigerated
- $1,300 - $1,900 total weekly avg. pay
- $300 sign on bonus
- 2,500 - 3,500 avg. miles per week
- Dedicated, Line Haul
- No Driver Load/Unload
- 5 - 7 expected days out
- You can stay out longer if you want to
- Get 2 days of home time for every 7 days worked
- Home at least 2 weekends per month
- Medical, Vision, Disability, 401K and 401K with company match
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
Core Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Submitting customer paperwork and deposits including invoices, load orders, and handheld reports.
- Maintaining a driver's log in accordance with DOT regulations.
- Inspection of vehicle, equipment, and cargo to ensure everything is safe, legal, and secure.
- Being available for work at all times in order to meet customer pickup and delivery schedules.
- Maintaining a clean, sanitary, and safe work area.
- Daily customer interactions and maintaining good customer relations.
- At least 21 years old
- Class A license without any of the following restrictions: (L,Z) Air Brakes, (G) Night Driving, (O) No Semi Trailer or (M) Medical Variance
- 3 years Tractor Trailer experience in the last 3 years
- Experience must be with a 48 ft trailer minimum
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- Must have basic English proficiency
- Must have a valid DOT medical card