About the Company
Cowan Systems has been in the Transportation industry since 1924. We started with 1 truck and now have 2,000 trucks hauling essential freight. Cowan drivers work with our shippers of choice. That's right, put your mind at ease while delivering to customers that you can trust. In addition to our great customers, our equipment and technology are constantly being upgraded to better suit and protect our most important assets — YOU!
Join us in 2021 to enjoy major pay increases, new and improved truck safety, and work with our select shippers of choice! Come see why so many of our drivers have been with us for over 20 years — At Cowan Systems, It's All About Our Drivers!
About the Job
Dedicated Local Driver — Bowling Green, OH
Flexible pay – YOU choose how you want to be paid!
Drivers can choose between mileage or hourly depending on your plan for the day
NEW mileage and hourly rate!
Sign On Bonus!! (must be in orientation by 5/30/21 to be eligible)
Additional Pay: Detention Pay, Stop Off Pay, Breakdown Pay, Trailer Sweeps, Yard Checks
$100 6th day bonus
Ask about our tenure program to see if you are eligible!
Monday-Friday work schedules available
day & night shifts
Dedicated customer with familiar freight lanes
- Company Driver (W2, Solo)
- Dry Van
- $1,100 - $1,200 total weekly avg. pay
- $2,500 sign on bonus
- 2,000 - 2,400 avg. miles per week
- Dedicated, LTL
- Day shift
- No Driver Load/Unload
- 5 days on, 2 days off
- Home every weekend
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and 401K with company match
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
Core Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Inspection of vehicle, equipment, and cargo to ensure everything is safe, legal, and secure.
- Being available for work at all times in order to meet customer pickup and delivery schedules.
- Daily customer interactions and maintaining good customer relations.
- Submitting customer paperwork and deposits including invoices, load orders, and handheld reports.
- Maintaining a driver's log in accordance with DOT regulations.
- Maintaining a clean, sanitary, and safe work area.
- At least 23 years old
- Class A license without (K) Intrastate Only restriction
- 12 months Tractor Trailer experience in the last 3 years
- Experience must be with a 40 ft trailer minimum
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- Must have basic English proficiency
- Must have a valid DOT medical card