A Helping Hand Home Care Services is one of the leading private duty home care agencies in the Hanover, Pennsylvania area.
We are dedicated to taking care of our caregivers.
- We offer flexible schedules to work around their individual needs.
- We provide hands-on training prior to our caregivers starting their first assignment.
- We offer online continued education for our caregivers.
- We reward our caregivers each month and annually through our employee incentive programs – Caregiver of the Month, Rookie of the Month, Training Incentive (monthly and annually), and Perfect Attendance (monthly and annually).
- We offer employee and client referral bonuses.
- Part Time to Full Time hours
- Provide personal hygiene assistance for elderly patients or those recovering from surgeries, injuries or accidents by attending to their basic needs, such as showering, bathing, dressing and eating
- Remind clients to take prescribed medication and assist clients with ambulation
- Help with mobility around the house or outside (doctor’s appointments, walks etc.)
- Assist with personal care and hygiene, plan and prepare meals and help with physical therapy exercises
- Complete client’s shopping or accompany them to successfully do so
- Perform housekeeping duties and report any unusual incidents
- Act quickly and responsibly in cases of emergency
- Offer activities that are essential for daily living by assisting patients with their meals, including serving and other tasks, if necessary
- Every other weekend is required to work
- Enjoy working in a one-on-one setting, eager to improve and continuously learn new skills
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without accommodations
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation every single day
- Validated ability to act in a compassionate and supportive manner
- Available to work different shifts, including nights and/or weekends
- Prior experience in a healthcare, hospitality, or in-home care environment (preferred but not required, 1 year of experience)
- Willingness to enforce health and safety standards
- Supportive and compassionate
- High School Diploma or equivalent/Experience as a Caregiver
- Take pride in providing high quality care
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.