About the Company
We're a small family owned and operated motor carrier. No tricks, no gimmicks, just great pay for honest work.
We offer bonuses each week for 100% execution.
2 weeks paid time off after the first 90 days.
You'll be in a rental truck with a nationwide company, no need to worry about maintenance or breakdowns - if there is a truck issue, they'll bring you a new one right away.
About the Job
Downeast Shipping is hiring team drivers for Amazon contracts out of Detroit facilities
- Company Driver (W2, Team)
- Dry Van
- $3,600 - $4,400 total weekly avg. pay per team
- 4,000 - 6,000 avg. miles per week per team
- Dedicated, Line Haul
- No Driver Load/Unload
- 5 expected days out
- Get 2 days of home time for every 5 days worked
- Home every weekend
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
Core Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Submitting customer paperwork and deposits including invoices, load orders, and handheld reports.
- Maintaining a clean, sanitary, and safe work area.
- Maintaining a driver's log in accordance with DOT regulations.
- Inspection of vehicle, equipment, and cargo to ensure everything is safe, legal, and secure.
- Daily customer interactions and maintaining good customer relations.
- At least 23 years old
- Class A license without any of the following restrictions: (E) Manual, (L,Z) Air Brakes, (G) Night Driving, (O) No Semi Trailer or (K) Intrastate Only
- 2 years Tractor Trailer experience in the last 2 years
- Experience must be with a 53 ft trailer minimum
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- Must have basic English proficiency
- Must have a valid DOT medical card
We're an equal opportunity employer