The Accounts Receivable Settlement Specialist processes resale within the Associa system. This is an accounting support position in a fast paced centralized accounting services environment providing financial services to community associations throughout North America. Candidates for this position must meet Associa’s credit requirements.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Receive property transfer documents from title companies.
• Compare and confirm accuracy of information.
• Research, through various sources, ownership and/or property information.
• Post payments in Community Archives system.
• Deposit Associa funds utilizing Remote Data Capture (RDC) machine and report to Corporate Accounting Shared Services Center.
• Process resale in Complete Control for Communities (C3) system within the service level agreement timeline outlined.
• Order coupons for new owners in C3 system.
• Work with Community Manager when address is not found in C3 system.
• Escalate exceptions as necessary to Accounts Receivable Manager.
• Adhere to jurisdiction rules.
• File documents in vault.
• Communicate with branch personnel and title companies regarding settlement issues.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
• Knowledge of escrow, title and/or real estate transaction.
• Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures (US GAAP).
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) at a proficient level.
• Knowledge of conflict resolution techniques at a proficient level.
• Professional communication skills (phone, interpersonal, written, verbal, etc.).
• Self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented and a team player.
• Time management and time critical prioritization skills.
Education and Experience
• High School Diploma or GED Required
• 3 – 5 years of directly related or closely related experience